Richard's Wagon Train!

Yes, we hit the trail this fall and are on our way to... well I guess we don't really know yet. We will leave that in the Lord's hands.

We have just completed a new record of performances in one month (that is why the blog has been so quiet). Throughout the month of September we performed about 20 times. I remember when we thought 5 performances a month was overwhelming. Throughout this last month we have seen so many blessings from the Lord that we only feel gratitude and wonder at His constant care and wisdom.

One of the highlights of the last couple weeks was the Great Plains Opry that was held in Kearney. We had a 20 minute set and so we put together a western program.


We started with a medley of old Western and Bluegrass favorites such as Cattle Call, Bonaparte's Retreat, Cripple Creek, Deep in the Heart of Texas etc...

Seth did some rope tricks

and John taught Isaac, Marilee, and Graham a line dance for the song, Deep in the Heart of Texas.

After the medley, we played the classic western song: Ghost Riders in the Sky!
Marilee and Isaac went galloping around covered in sparkly white sheets, while Graham chased them around the audience.

Then we pulled out the "Long Bow" and played our favorite version of Boil'em Cabbage.

We ended our set by expressing our gratitude to God for His blessings in our lives and concluded with the gospel song, "Life is like a Mountain Railway".



Life is indeed like a Mountain Railway but as long as Jesus Christ is the engineer we will reach our destination safely.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."

Isaiah 12:2


3 comments:

  1. looks like tons and tons of fun to me! :) lovin' y'alls outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your western performance! I especially liked Joseph being "shot" by Kimball....wasn't expecting that and it brought a smile to my face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last comment for the night. *phew* Everyone is getting better and better, it is fun to watch and listen to what the family can do. I did have an idea of an act you could do while I watched your videos *poing*
    The act has everyone dress up as a key on a piano key board, stand all in a line so the audience can tell you look like a keyboard and then sing a song together. But each person is only allowed to sing one note, and bend or move when they sing their note. much like a keyboard. Kind of like on "Sound of Music" when they sing "Do Ra Me". It would be a very fun act to see, if you could get it to work. "Mary had a little lamb" would be easy to do, I think :)
    We'll it has been fun to watch, you look good, and I love you all.

    Love
    Covey, Melody and Mack

    ReplyDelete